Porsche Engine Rebuild
Nothing sounds quite like a fresh Porsche engine rebuild. It’s the sound that every Porsche fanatic loves. So here at AMS Porsche we enjoy delivering that customer satisfaction with every Porsche engine rebuild we do.
We continually invest in the latest machinery and software to make sure that all our engine rebuilds not only exceed the highest quality but also that we are at the forefront of the industry. As Porsche fanatics we don’t rest on our laurels, we enjoy the challenge of moving onwards - preferably at the wheel of a Porsche with a fresh engine rebuild!
Our highly skilled and experienced team of “Porschaholics” work to the very highest standards delivering:
- Water Cooled Porsche Engine Rebuild
- Air Cooled Porsche Engine Rebuild
- Race Engine Rebuild – Porsche MotorSport
- Classic Porsche Engine Restoration Rebuild
- Partial & Full Engine Rebuild
The Engine Rebuild Process – What can you expect?
As you would expect from AMS, your Porsche Engine Rebuild has a detailed process that has been proven over the years. Our initial diagnostic appraisal and fault finding process is carried out and reported back to you, without us having to actually dismantle the engine. We take photos to help illustrate how the engine is when you bring it in to us, and also to document the rebuild process for your history file.
We will then talk through the report and appraisal with you and decide the best plan of action for your circumstances. This could take the form of:
- Top End Engine Strip
- 1 Side Engine Strip
- Full Engine Strip
Once we have been given your go ahead, we start the work and then report back to you again with confirmation of the repairs and parts, alongside the final budget based on the faults we have found. Again, all of this work is documented with our camera so you can see the extent of our work.
During the engine rebuild, we place reusable parts in our washer to decontaminate them, removing any debris, deposits, oil and silicon, ensuring that the rebuilt engine will run as smoothly as you would expect.
Every Porsche engine is different so every Porsche engine rebuild we do is bespoke, tailored to exactly match the needs of our clients. Every replacement part we use is a Porsche original. If required, due to the age of the engine and some parts being no longer being available, we are even able to arrange the engineering of an exact match! We go to great lengths to ensure the engine rebuild delivers the perfect engine.
Going that extra mile...
We know that our work is done to the highest standard, so we put our money where our mouth is – every Porsche engine rebuild we undertake comes with a comprehensive 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty.
In addition to the warranty, we also add a host of extras to ensure your engine rebuild experience exceeds your expectations:
- You will be given a USB stick documenting the complete rebuild along with documentation evidencing the work we have done for you. This helps you retain the value of your car should you decide to sell it at any point in the future.
- We can return the old parts we have replaced to you should you decide you want them
- As part of the engine rebuild, we also carry out a comprehensive air conditioning service (where installed)
- All of the fluids are refreshed
- We recommend that you follow a running in procedure when your first have your car returned, and to help we offer a FREE OF CHARGE 1,000 mile check / oil change. This is to make sure that everything is working as it should and to freshen the oil / filter once the bearings have ‘run in’
- Finally, if you have your Porsche engine rebuild with us, we offer a 25% DISCOUNT on your first service after the rebuild
- As we already have the engine out of your car, we can help you further by offering advice and free labour costs on the parts of the car that could need work while the engine is out. For example, we can change a clutch FREE OF THE LABOUR CHARGE, upgrade your IMS bearing or replace brake lines that are inaccessible
We regularly undertake engine rebuilds for customers further afield, or even abroad. We can arrange to collect your engine or car from anywhere worldwide and of course, return it to you once the works have been completed.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask about an engine rebuild, then please give us a call, we’ll be more than happy to chat through the details.